Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tuesday Tip-Prints and Solids

Each week I want to share with you all a fashion tip for the work place. This week is all about prints and solids.

Tip #1: If you wear a skirt that has a print, it's usually a good idea to wear a solid top. If your top is a print, then wear a skirt that is a solid color. Of course there are exceptions, but this is a very good rule of thumb.

I think it's great to wear work attire that has some fun prints. Just be sure you don't wear too many prints in one outfit. It can be distracting and not as professional.

 Now this is a tip for the workplace. When you are off for the night or it's the weekend, go ahead and mix prints. Mixing prints is not a fashion mistake,  I feel the workplace may just not be the right time to do it.

I always try to match my accessories with the printed item to tie the look altogether.

So grab your printed items, pair it with a solid and matching accessories and rock that look at work today.


PC: Jaycee Photography
Top: Ross
Skirt: Forever21
Leggings: Forever21
Boots: Macy's 





Other examples of how to match a solid and a print:






No comments:

Post a Comment