Thursday, April 14, 2016

Dressing Up Denim

I often get asked if it's appropriate to wear denim in the workplace. In the past, and even now, some companies specifically list denim as something you cannot wear to work.
Today I have some of my favorite bloggers helping me show you how you can dress up your denim(chambray)! With the right styling, you can look professional and classy in your denim attire. And if you thought denim couldn't look professional, I think these looks will help you see it in a new light!

Dark Denim:
I love this top. I think the darker color blends well with almost anything. The top tucked into the skirt gives it the more professional look. I added the pearls to dress it up even more. I always wear my necklaces under the collar, but that's just my preference. I add the belt for nothing more but to help me suck in, let's be real here! :)



Light Denim:
This is truly the softest top I own. My husband loves when I wear it because it's so soft! It's from Simply Reese Boutique and I styled it several different ways.



Here are a few other great ways to style these tops. I love how Alee from Obsession Expression (Find her on Facebook and Instagram-@obsessionexpression) paired it with this floral skirt and necklace. She always has the best outfit ideas full of color and great style.


I love this look with the khaki color and leopard print. These tops always looks great with tan/khaki colors!
Another one of my favorite bloggers, Emily Smith from Modest Goddess, has done a great job of pairing denim (chambray) with this floral piece. And how cute is her hair? Get all the outfit details on her blog post here.



Here is another look she did with this top. I love how she layered a sweater over it for this fun springy look. See the outfit details here.

All photos of Emily are by Diana Putnam Photography
Terri is so fun to follow on Instagram. She has so many great looks and I love how she styled this denim jacket. I think the red skirt is the perfect pop of color for this look. To see more of Terri's outfit inspirations check out her instagram: @iamterrib and go to www.liketoknow.it/iamterrib

Another look by Terri is this leopard print cardigan over a denim top. I think that is such a fun way to dress up your denim and mix up your outfits as well. I love this look!

Dressing up Classy has several cute ideas to dress up your denim. She always has great outfits! Oh how I would love a day in her closet! Follow Amber on Instagram at: @dressingupclassy and be sure to keep an eye out for her website coming live soon: www.dressingupclassy.com. 

Another look with the sweater over the top. If you are going for this look, she recommends getting the sweater a size bigger than you normally do.
I love love LOVE this look! So classy and feminine. 


Sandy has such a classy style and you can see several of her looks with denim and chambray on her blog. I think this look would be perfect in the work place. The accessories compliment the outfit perfectly. Follow her on Instagram: @sandyalamode and check out her blog for all the outfit details and more outfit inspirations!



I love getting outfit inspirations from others and I hope this post answers the question that yes, chambray and denim can be great in the workplace if styled the right way. I'd love to see your looks and thoughts on this as well!

Happy Thursday!

-- Brittany

2 comments:

  1. Super cute ideas! Thanks for featuring me!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! Thanks for including me in this inspirational post!

    ReplyDelete